Forum Discussion

HandsomeChef
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Las Vegas: High Ping, Reduced Speeds, Packet Loss

Constant ping, reduced speeds and packet loss all throughout the day and night. Not receiving the speeds I pay for, but I need the plan I have for work. Now I'm constantly unable to work because your nodes are overwhelmed with bandwidth. This shouldn't be my problem to fix, but Cox has offered no path to resolution to these problems. 

Please fix these issues immediately. 

4 Replies

falc
    New Contributor III

If you look through these forums, you'll see that all Cox CS reps do is lock threads that pertain to packet loss. File a complaint with the FCC: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115002206106

Your problems will not be fixed until your node is split. If a Cox rep contacts you after you file your FCC complaint, ask about a timeline for node split and get financially compensated until the split happens.

KleeWai
      New Contributor III

Big facts, ask your neighbours to fill it out too (if they have cox) because they most likely have similar problems.

Frustrated702
      New Contributor II

I filed a report with the FCC after useless cox techs telling me to reset my modem. I got a call from Cox Corp office and they told me to be patient.

falc
        New Contributor III

I filed my complaint over a week ago, no response yet. Did you at least ask for free internet?