Forum Discussion

unsatisfiedcust
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet Outages Every Day for the last month, and no way to chat with reps?

This is becoming absolutely absurd and I am on the verge of leaving Cox altogether. Every single day for the last month the internet has gone out at least once, but usually multiple times a day. I know for a fact this is not only an issue I am having, because if you search on twitter or downdetector at the same time, you see hundreds of people complaining their internet is out.

Now, I come to the site to chat with a rep like I used to be able to but lo-and-behold Cox has rigged their website to not allow anyone to chat. The link is gone where the graphic says "chat with support" and here on the forums where it says "chat with support" if you click it, it redirects you to the general support page that is just videos. Videos aren't going to help me if my internet is repeatedly going out, Cox. 

Every day of losing internet while paying $100 a month is unacceptable, and further unacceptable is how Cox has made it near impossible to contact them. This business tactic is a scammy one, and i have seen it before with comms companies when they are doing something shady. Why would you make it impossible for your customers to contact you if you have nothing to hide?

Having to resort to Twitter to get support is absolutely ridiculous. Cox needs to credit customers for these constant outages, and fix their website so it is not impossible to get support. 

4 Replies

tjbilbo
    New Contributor

I have had this exact same problem for months. Internet connection drops at random multiple times a day. I have had technicians come out on four occasions and it was only the most recent visit where they did anything different, which was running a new line, and that still did not solve the issue. I too had to resort to Twitter to get a response, but as you have stated, we pay too much to not get the service that we’re paying for. 

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Unsatisfiedcustomer

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services and I want to help. If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account cox.help@cox.com, I’ll be happy to investigate.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
  • I am having the exact same issue STILL. Cox has advised a new modem, a new router—which I got and did not correct the issue. Tech came out and updated connection to home—did not fix the issue. Next step is emailing, then FCC and Attorney General, and then switching. We can’t work like this.

Allan
      @Coxuser24401, I recommend sending us an email to cox.help@cox.com with a brief description of the issue so we can look into this service issue on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.