Forum Discussion

pittmam2
New Contributor
2 months ago

Internet issues again

Every week or so. Cox goes down leaving me with no access to work. I work from home. This is a consistent issue! Cox says sorry… I miss days of being able to access my job. They say go to a free wifi area. I was like I manage people… I can not work where the public can hear me. They say sorry again. This time it has been down all night.. with an expected time at 7am. Now moved to 11… and still nothing. I drove my neighborhood… no cox vehicles… until 10am. I hate cox! 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jsmith349
    New Contributor

We are in the same boat.  Internet, cable, everything down since Wednesday night (7/9/24) and the updates stopped at 11am.  We would have an easier time being patient if we just knew what was going on, but instead we’re sitting in silence.  

LisaH

Hi. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

wnelson1962
        New Contributor II

I’m sorry Lisa, Cox Forums moderator but we pay for these services and we should be allowed to voice our concerns on this forum! Maybe try to fix these issues instead of worrying what is being said. Cox’s inadequacies are affecting my job since I work from home. Is Vox going to reimburse me for time lost?! Thanks

Isaac713
    New Contributor II

Every week? Cox goes down in my area every single day, there’s always an outage. If they weren’t the only Internet provider in this area, I would’ve switched along time ago. I’m not even sure why I’m paying upwards of $80 per month for a service that I can barely access. And on top of that anytime you call support you get rerouted to an automated response that basically just tells you to unplug and re-plug in the router. 

• Pittmam2, Wnelson1962, Jsmith349, and Isaac713, I value your business and I want to provide you with reliable service. I work from home, too, so I understand the extra weight on your shoulders when your job worries now include worrying about your internet connection. You shouldn't be experiencing issues with your services every day, nor should you experience a posted Cox outage every day. I certainly understand your frustration regarding chronic issues. We need to investigate those issues on your behalf and find out what's happening. If a service call is needed, we can schedule it for you. There is no charge for service calls if the issue is with Cox equipment or Cox signal delivery. I care about your experiences, and I want each of you to enjoy your Cox services! Please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com so we can further assist you. Please include your full name, address, and a link to this page in your email. We can help!