Forum Discussion

ffariello
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet Instability

The cox internet is over capacity. if you experience instability, it is not your router, not your cable, not your fault. Don't upgrade to Gigabit speeds if you have 150mb. Your router does not have too many devices (that are typically dormant and not using bandwidth or shut off). Don't fall for it. An ethical company would just admit they are having capacity issues due to Covid and lower your price bc you are not getting what you paid for. CoX has a monopoly where I am. My alternative is ATT DSL. That's it!

Good customer support takes responsibility and does not have the customer run out to a store to buy a new router they don't need . My cabling checked out. New router. Same problem. They wasted "my" time and knew what was really happening. Just tell the truth.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    smokeygrouse
    New Contributor II

Cox is truly getting to be scam artists....  Keep upping the cost while offering nothing worthwhile for me ..... constant unreliability anymore .... heck  if I were younger I would climb the same *** pole they have to mess with every week..... Start refunding money for every day you screw us.... I do not want free channels I wouldn't be able to watch anyway .... GeeeeeeZ! No competition here either but will be shortly.

LisaH
      Hi Smokeygrouse. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      jmcwilli
      New Contributor II

Same issue in 85310.  At least twice a day for the past 3 to 4 weeks.

kinge504
    New Contributor

They always have and always will be over capacity because of terrible management and lazy line technicians.  Max internet speeds on their lines can easily be calculated with simple math.  That's all it would have took to have this not even be a issue, they should have always operated with worst case scenario in mind.  ALL of their nodes are over capacity and their line techs will not come out unless it's a life or death situation and their own support centers that you can call can't even set up an  appointment with them.  THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN SPLIT THE NODE AND ALLEVIATE LINE CONGESTION.  I had to get about 6 technicians out because one admitted it was a problem and the line tech came out and did nothing (he stayed in his truck as far as i know because it was raining".  The ONLY thing that helped my problem for about a week was there was a storm and lightning took out the power for about 2 seconds and I was getting perfect upload speeds for about a week and was finally able to stream to Twitch with a nice bitrate then it went back to ** and a line tech call me to set up a appointment for the next day and all they did was sent another house tech.  That makes number 8.  TLDR: Hope for lightning to take out the power to temporarily get the speeds you are paying thousands a year for.

LisaH
      Hi Kinge504. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        kinge504
        New Contributor

Did you miss the part where i said i already had 6 technicians out to my house? Half where from you twitter page.  I don't want to talk anymore, just send a node technician or send no one at all.

steve7012
      New Contributor

The real problems began when Cox started using contracted techs instead of sending their own people out. The range of incompetence is staggering. I won't allow anyone to touch my property or equipment unless they are true blue Cox techs, and that doesn't always guarantee satisfaction. There have been so many contracted nitwits installing and repairing for so much time that management couldn't fix the issues even if they wanted to, which they don't. Prices skyrocketing, service going down the tubes, not even a break for loyal 20 year customers. Retention offered me 2 dollars off my monthly bill of $200 plus. And I don't have any movie channels. Just basic phone, 150mbps internet (of which the best I've ever gotten was 75mbps at 3am, typical mbps is 12-25) and a basic tv package with contour. Highway robbery!!

djpeery
    New Contributor II

Yes!! We have been given the run around for a year!! A year!!! Replaced modem and router with an expensive one, nothing changed!! Multiple technicians came out just to unplug my router and check the connection and say “there seem to be nothing wrong”. Why would I waste my time and money if there was nothing wrong?? Unbelievable!!!

LisaH
      Hi Djpeery. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bearone2
      Contributor III

how do folks who provide their own equipment, then have problems, figure it's a cox issue??

steve7012
        New Contributor

Because we pay out the nose for top of the line equipment only to have wasted our money because Cox can't keep up with what you've just purchased! The worst part is that they suggested the upgrade knowing that it would change nothing!