Forum Discussion

Waldo74
New Contributor
7 months ago

Internet going in and out every 10-20 minutes

Ok well it started around Thanksgiving but my internet and all devices 3 TVs and my cellphone all go out for about a minute. But it happens every 10 - 20 minutes. Its extremely worse during and after bad thunderstorms and windy days. Worse at night and early mornings. Ive had 5 technicians come and everyone says they fixed it and it still goes out right after they leave. Im getting extremely frustrated. Ive had 4 techs come in last 2 weeks. They've changed out everything in house. I tell them its gotta be something outside. Why else would wind and rain make it worse. In fact it went out twice while im typing this. Im so sick of running around rebooting and using the smart help app stuff. IT DOES NOTHING. 

GnK
    New Contributor

Same exact issue here for over 6 weeks.  4 techs over the last month, multiple resets per day, new wires, connections, splitters, etc, etc, etc.  Getting tired of it.  Customer for many years, if not resolved soon, will probably be switching like most others did a year or two ago in my neighborhood.  Don't need the service from Cox if it's not going to work.

Very Dissapointed Customer.

dlmiyasato
    New Contributor

I have been having the same problem and recently it's been really bad. My wired connection to the internet, all devices on wifi, and TVs with wireless cable boxes (from Cox) go out. The TV screen goes black sometimes or just pauses. And it's constant all day long. I've reset the modem, and it doesn't help. My next option was to schedule a tech, but based on what you said, that probably won't help either. I would say it's been especially bad ever since Cox did some work on our street in two spots.

LisaH

Hi GnK. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Hello Waldo74,

You should not have to keep rebooting the equipment. When you have a moment could you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and the URL of this forum comment? We can help investigate this further on your behalf to help identify the next step.