Forum Discussion

MChlo
New Contributor
5 years ago

Internet going in & out

For a few weeks, the internet goes in & out. Usually unplugging the modem and plugging it back in fixes it. But now the internet has been out since last night. I've unplugged it and plugged it bwck in several times with no success. My kids go back to school soon & its virtual so the internet is needed. 

2 Replies

• Hi MChio. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Mike_Hobbs
    New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue. Started about 6 weeks ago. Drops connection 4-6 times per day. I can reset modem via the cox app and it works for a while. Can unplug and plug back in the modem and it works for a while.. Have waited for tech support on phone for 4hours. I have waited on the chat feature for 2 hours.

No one can resolve my issue. One tech blamed it on my modem, Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS3.1. Motorola checked it no issue. Another tech blamed it on overuse from users during pandemic and all working from home. One said trouble in my area and would be resolved next day. I 'm just beyond frustrated paying $175 month for tv/internet and cant stay connected especially since my security cameras are IP based.

If many users are experiencing this, Cox should correct it or compensate us. This could be a class action arbitration if enough customers get upset and want to push the issue and lawyers get involved