Forum Discussion

Tim_M_
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet and cable issues again

I am once again having issues with my cable and internet. When its up, the net connection is great, but it drops often and is unable to resolve DNS entries unless repeatedly attempted. I can reset my cable modem and that seems to fix things for a few minutes, but it rapidly starts to become intermittent again. In addition, I am frequently (several times an evening) having my cable box seem to shut down causing my tv to report "no signal". It will occasionally resolve itself but often i need to reset my cable boxes using my cell phone or, if this fails, by power cycling the primary cable box in the house. This all screams "upstream network problems" but, as usual, cox shows no outage in my area and reporting an problem is nearly impossible without posting here to the forums and hoping it catches the attention of someone with the knowledge and access to actually do something useful to resolve the issues beyond suggesting I replace everything in my house while being unable to find anything wrong on their end until things magically resolve just before a scheduled service call when someone actually checks things on the ground and resolves the issue.

Yes, I've been down this road before. I hope things run more smoothly this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tim

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Tim M.

I am so very sorry to learn of your service troubles and I'd like to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator