Forum Discussion

Nola_Jester
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Intermittent Upload Speeds

Hopefully someone here can assist me. I currently have the internet package that allots 500mbps Download/10mbps Upload. For the last 9 months my upload speeds have been inconsistent. I am a content creator for Twitch TV, so my job relies on my live uploads. During these live upload streams, my bitrate (which is set to 4000kbps) is constantly "bouncing" from 0kbps - 5000kbps. I have had at least 5 technicians come to my home in the last 30 days. They all agree that I am suffering from intermittent speeds and packet loss and the problem is somewhere BEFORE it reaches the relay behind my house. According to my broadcasting software, these issues are due to "Insufficient Bandwidth". It is also worth mentioning that during my live uploads, all my devices on the network paused except for my desktop. My gaming console isn't connected to the internet. Attached are Upstream/Downstream power level, a pingplotter test from a couple days ago, a speed test I just completed today, and my last streaming log. What more can I do?

Things that have been done:

• Cox Panoramic modem/router has been replaced with a new Cox Panoramic Modem/Router
  • All inside cables (ethernet, Coaxial) have been replaced 
  • Drop line outside home has been replaced
  • Built a brand new PC from scratch to eliminate the possibility of having a "dated" pc
  • Relay on the Tap behind my house has been replaced.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Nola_Jester
    New Contributor II

Update: I called tech support yesterday to check the status of the repair ticket. They said they are still investigating the problem. Speed test just now...

Nola_Jester
      New Contributor II

UPDATE: Called tech support to check the status of the "investigation"...repair ticket was CANCELLED. The advice given to me was to call back in a few days if the problem persists and they can schedule YET ANOTHER tech visit (whom will undoubtedly tell me what I already know "the problem is before it reaches you") Can anyone help?

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi @ Nola_Jester,

We know this has been frustrating and our engineers are working quickly to provide the resolve the issues in your area. It is our hope that by resolving the known issue in your area, that it will also resolve the troubles that you have been experiencing and a technician would not be needed.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Nola_Jester
      New Contributor II

Not sure if this is a reliable source of information...but I have this from today.