Forum Discussion

Knuckle_Dragger
New Contributor
6 years ago

How do I escalate a billing issue beyond the phone/chat service representative?

In 2008 I had TV, Internet and Phone installed in my new home. In 2017 I moved service to my new house and brought the equipment with me. At that time the installer told me the modem used for the phone system was obsolete and he used a new one. After I insisted he took the old modem with him (he was telling me to throw it out) Now a year later they are trying to bill me for that modem. I talked with billing customer service and they submitted a "remedy ticket" which came back the charges were legit. I chatted with and then called customer service again. After an hour on the phone the lady submitted another "remedy ticket" I'm not optimistic. I believe the reps are sincere but they don't have the authority to make it right.  I understand they don't have a record but I know I gave it to their installer. I feel like I'm being robbed because their guy didn't handle the returned equipment correctly. How can I escalate this to the next level of customer service?

1 Reply

• The Cox forums are for troubleshooting purposes, billing issues would need to be handled in private. It sounds like we are on the right track with the ticket. We can take a look into the ticket for you and confirm. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread, your full name and service address.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator