Forum Discussion

chasepk
New Contributor II
4 years ago

High packet loss in arizona

For the past few months I’ve been getting constant packet loss and internet instability during the day, I’ve used ping plotter to identify the issue isn’t on my end, considering the issue does not occur at night between the hours of approx 11pm and 8am I’m positive it’s over saturation of the node, I filed an FCC complaint after dealing with incompetence and was sure my problem would be resolved after speaking to a executive. They assured me the issue was going to be resolved, stated techs are replacing lines throughout the neighborhood and actively working to resolve it, I got a phone call and a notice that they filed a closing with the FCC saying that they’ve handled the situation. But that couldn’t be further from the truth the issue is still on going and I’ve been unable to go about my daily tasks as a result of internet instability. Has anyone by chance filed complaints with the attorney general and gotten any results or have any suggestions on how to further escalate the repairs needed. Anyone else suffering from internet issues in Arizona with some success stories, I’m located out of Chandler, Arizona. 

6 Replies

LitAsFck
    New Contributor II

I'm searching this forum for an answer as to why my internet is spotty and drops out at random points.  I can run speedtests all day but then when I load up a game it drops out in 2 mins.  This is a great way to get me to switch to someone else.

Gary_Bobby
    New Contributor

You're not alone. Same thing in Surprise and Peoria. Cox throttling bandwidth and saying it's the customers fault. Numerous techs have stated nothing is wrong with our house, the cables in our neighborhood, nothing. Switched modems/routers nothin. Cox is playing games, and unfortunately 99% of the employees are either incompetent or unable to comprehend because the set the bar so low for customer service. I've tried to talk to some lawyers, but they're too afraid to go after such a big company. Capitalism at it's finest. Cox spends more money on lawyers than actual services provided. Don't get me started on Data plans. Straight robbery. 

chasepk
      New Contributor II

I have on file them admitting there’s a problem that’s on their end and not mine so maybe that will help. It’s just because cox has such a monopoly control of residential neighborhoods that they can get away with the subpar service they deliver. And I feel you on data plan issues I’ve had to add the extra 500gbs. If only google fiber didn’t cancel their roll out in 2016, the dream of fiber with unlimited data for cheaper than what I pay now was almost a reality, and my service doesn’t even work most of the time. 

PoeDameron
    New Contributor

I've been having a lot of trouble in Chandler, too. It's not specific to any time of day (though I don't really check after 8pm or so), but whether I'm playing a game or working, I'll get random internet stutters, rubberbanding in my games, long loading times for webpages I need for work, and so on. I've reset my modem several times, unplugged and replugged everything, and so on.

I recently upgraded to Gigablast, got a new modem, upgraded to Google mesh Wi-Fi routers, hardwired my computers to the routers, and the problem seems to only be getting worse. I get that Cox is probably having trouble considering how many people are now working from home and going to school from home, but it's been so freaking frustrating having the internet randomly slow down.

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    coxisbad
    New Contributor II

wow I should have copy and pasted this post before posting my own. Same EXACT issue here, also in Chandler AZ. Will be filing an fcc complaint as well although I dont know how much it will do.