Forum Discussion

Jem417
New Contributor
4 years ago

Gigablast Speed is not near where it should be

I am only getting 287 down. This completely unacceptable. I did the text support thing and my modem software was upgraded all my devices were bounced and the problem still present. I was told I can have someone come out to test my lines for $75. all was working well previously, they also tried to sell me on some upgraded support thing which is also ridiculous why do I need to pay you more to have support?

2 Replies

• Hi Jem417,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name and your complete address.

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    BYY
    New Contributor

Jem, I found the fix to your issue. Simply cancel Gigablast. Im not even joking, I went through all this BS for almost a week. I was getting around 400mbps and thats tweaking all the settings in my adapter card, changing all the coaxials, you name it I done it. So I downgraded to the ultimate which is up to 500mbps in my area and guess what?  Same modem just different plan and my speed went down to 250mbps (WTF right?). I canceled and went back to the preferred 150, you get the most bang for your buck and not paying for what you're not getting. Cox gigablast is a hoax.