Forum Discussion

johnk
New Contributor
3 years ago

Gigablast is a ripoff

I have been checking my internet for about 2 months every day using the Cox internet speed test. The average speed is about 200 down and 30up. I talked to Cox and they told me that my compliant router was capable of those speeds. They were right and at the beginning (a year ago) it was.

So my question for Cox is. How are you going to charge customers for services you cant provide?

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Johnk,

We certainly value your feedback, and we are extremely sorry you feel this way about your service. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • I totally agree. I been paying for it for about 2 years now. The download seems find but, the upload is never around the 35mbps upload like they advertise. I might get 3 mbps if I a lucky. Right now I am getting 658 kbps and, I am getting warning saying that I will be banned some of the games that I play because the ** internet. I have had them come out to fix it 3 or 4 times now. Nothing has changed. Then a few days ago I decided to see how I can switch ISPs unfortunately I have to move but, that is ok with me. While looking for a new isp I found that at&t offers 2gbps upload and, download for $110 a month. As a extra bonus you get hbo max with it. So now since I can't really spend my free time as after work by play some video games with my friends. I have decided to dedicate my free time in telling people that uses cox internet that they are getting ripped off. I hope you. Since you also know that cox is garbage. Will help do the same :3