Forum Discussion

bmcneely825
New Contributor
6 years ago

Fed up with outages

I understand that systems often function on generator power if there is an outage and that there will be additional outages as power is restored.  However, this is getting RIDICULOUS.  I am STILL without internet after 4 days.  We lost it, then we had it, then we lost it, then we had it, then we lost it.  Seriously??  To make matters worse, rather than report an ACCURATE estimated time to repair, Cox simply provides an arbitrary time that they simply push back once that time passes without resolution.  Furthermore, the text alerts I get on my phone do not match the restoration time frame given online.  This is literally the worst internet service I have ever had.  It started with installation and it has continued with this cluster.  Soooo disappointed in Cox.  I will certainly be looking at alternatives after this is all over.

2 Replies

• Hi Bmcneely825, I appreciate how frustrating it is to wait for service restoration after a big storm. A fiber line off Old Stage Road north of Anderson's Corner was damaged by Hurricane Michael. Please know our crews are working to repair the fiber and restore services as quickly as possible. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bmcneely825
      New Contributor

Hmmm.  Thank you for your response, Becky.  However, if a fiber line was damaged by the storm, wouldn't we have been without service from the beginning??  As I mentioned in my post, we had service immediately after the storm, then lost it later that day.  That on and off again cycle has repeated itself at least 4 times at this point.  That doesn't sound like a damaged fiber line from the storm.