Forum Discussion

SoCal001
New Contributor
7 years ago

Email Capacity

I have one email account that I use for personal and business. Not interested in adding any accounts.

Is there some way to increase the capacity of my existing account?

When I delete messages from Cox email they are also deleted from Outlook on my computer. Can this be changed?

1 Reply

• The only way to increase space is if you upgraded to either the ultimate service (10 GB of space per email account) or the gigablast service (if available in your area) which comes with 15 GB per email account. When deleting an email from the webmail, that essentially deletes it from the server so there is no way to change that. The work around would be to setup your Outlook using a POP server instead of IMAP, which would download the mail from the server onto your computer/Outlook. You would need to make sure that you enable the option of leaving a copy of messages on the server first before checking your mail because if you don't, all the mail that is currently on webmail would be downloaded off the server onto Outlook and your webmail would be empty.

Once this is in place you would just need to make sure you download any email messages that you want to save onto Outlook first before deleting the copy of the message from webmail.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator