Cox's server side email filter rules
Hello All --
I tried this question a month ago. That query is now locked, and was never well answered. So as requested, I'm starting again.
I'm looking for a tutorial on the server-side email filters. Something that gives the basics that trial and error has not revealed as of yet.
Questions such as:
- What is the limit on the number of rules?
- What is the limit on the number of conditions per rule?
- What is the limit on the number of actions per rule?
- Are rules case sensitive?
- What is the difference between 'contains', 'matches', and 'regex'?
- Similarly for 'contains not', 'matches not', and 'not regex'?
- Similarly for 'exists' and 'does not exist' etc.
- After submitting, how long before the rules are effective?
- If using 'From is exactly' how much of the From line is checked:
- the entirety?
- Including 'From: '?
- just between the angle brackets?
- including the angle brackets?
- If 'Keep' is the action, where is the email kept?
- if 'Discard' is the action, where is the email put?
- Where does 'Starts with' start and 'Ends with' end? See 'From' above.
- Do the Spam/Not Spam icons have any Bayesian logic associated with them?
The list goes on. I'll settle for a pointer to a comprehensive discussion. Maybe this will become that.
On the subject of 'Alaskan Seafood' I have found this combination on any condition to work:
- From Regex /alaskan/i
- Subject Regex /(seafood|alaskan)/i
- Body Regex /alaskan/i
- File Into Select Folder Spam