Forum Discussion

JEB1
Visitor
13 hours ago

Cox transition to Yahoo

What a terrible decision to make!!!!!

It has been a number of months since the "transition" and its still a mess.  Has it improved at all?  Not a bit!  I have been with Cox for 22 years and I'm lookin at alternatives. Has anyone found anything worth looking at?  I'm considering Google as an alternative!!

We are paying a premium for a system that still "drops" one of my email account.  I have 3 email accounts and Yahoo will "drop" one of them every 2 or 3 weeks.  Then I have to input the name and password to "reactivate" the account.  I also called Yahoo to try yo find out why this is happening and what to do to resolve the problem.  They were offered no solution and were of no help.       

In addition to the "drop" problem - Yahoo puts all kinds of ads into my emails!

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the difficulties with your emails after the migration. You might want to go to Yahoo and generate an "app password", as this seems to correct this issue. here are instructions: 

Open Yahoo page, and under Top Right-side point to You name letter next to e-mail icon and select Account - Overview

Select Security - top 3rd from the left side.

In the middle on the right side select: Generate and manage app passwords.

Under App name enter th name of the mail app you are using/having problems with (ie,  Apple Mai for iPhone, Outlook, etc....l.

Yahoo will generate long password - Copy save it (as this will be the only time you will see it)

Paste this new password to Server Settings inside the mail client and make this your password. 

I hope this helps.