Forum Discussion

dlarkin-dc
New Contributor III
2 months ago

Cox to Yahoo, filter rules & blocklist?

Will the filter rules and blocklist that have been setup in Cox webmail interface be transferred and still working in Yahoo?

10 Replies

• Hello, dlarkin-dc, when the move occurs.  Things such as contacts and folders will be moved.  Settings like IMAP, filter, and rules that may have been set up prior.  Will need to be updated following the completion of signing in to your account, after you accept the terms of their service on the new platform. 

dlarkin-dc
      New Contributor III

So, your answer to my question is "No." 

Or is it? When you say "...rules that may have been set up prior.  Will need to be updated following the completion of signing in to your account." mean they will be automatically carried over or at that time or that's the time I'll have to set them up again manually?

Becky

Hi Dlarkin-dc, the information we have states that all Cox.net email content will be moved to Yahoo. My understanding is that this includes filter rules and blocklists. If I find out otherwise, I will try to update this thread. Thanks for your patience during this process! 

Speedskater
    New Contributor III

Absolutely none of my 2 decades of Cox Email content has been moved to Yahoo.

Just Emails received after 9AM February 6, 2024.

Talk about a total pain!

dlarkin-dc
      New Contributor III

🤦‍♂️

Some day this email change-over will be a case study.

Rich170
      New Contributor II

Hi; I haven’t been moved yet but I am expecting soon. I have received the 3rd email notice from Cox. I have multiple family emails accounts.  

Can you comment on the process? Was it as easy as described? I also use MS Outlook as email client using pop3, smtp etc settings. Can you comment on that process.

Thanks 

ChrisJ2

Hi, Rich. I was able to move one of my emails over without difficulty using the Yahoo settings and the link provided. All currently available information can be found at https://www.cox.com/emailmove but at this time we don't have any dates confirmed. I hope this helps. 

Speedskater
    New Contributor III

I just went to the Email move page, it states:

This transition lets you keep your email address, messages, folders, calendar, and contacts

But it didn't do much of that!

It didn't move 'address book' (I did manually), Folders, messages older than one month.

I want Thunderbird back.

Rich170
      New Contributor II

Speedskater; thanks for the update, finally we have some feedback. This is important for the community to know and prepare accordingly.

I have not been through the process; it should be easy and can be, IF it was design properly. That is a BIG IF based on what we have seen thus far.

I have moved my calendar manually (just in case); I never used folders at the web access level.

Thanks for providing this information; our fellow Cox Community folks needs this experience so they can prepare. The documentation needs some work.

I will update the forum hopefully with some helpful information when I go through.