Forum Discussion

thestud
New Contributor
5 months ago

Cox Tech Support

Has anyone else noticed how horrible Cox now is for tech support. Whenever I jave a problem and try to contact them I am sent around and around selecting options, keying in numbers and pin numbers being sent from automated message to automated message only to be told there is a problem in my area (no **bleep**) and then I am hung up on by the automated service. So I have to keep trying different options just to speak to someone, which they no longer allow you to do, now you have to contact a chat bot and go around and around with them and still not get an answer. I mean really? They charge by the day for service and now I have spent over an hour going around and around with this automated crap and my blood is boiling, I end up so angry everytime I call in that I am ready to rip off heads and **bleep** down necks. The absolute worst custome service of any organization I have had the misfortune to interact with. Worst part is it happens 2-3 times a month, I never get credit for my hassles just more hassles. I HATE this F'n company. Uhgggggg they suck so badly 

6 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Tier 1 is mandated to follow a very limited script. If you want better support, use the email in the Welcome thread.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

the script is basically a monkey script, and it's useless because tier 1 is no longer provided technical training so they don't even know to ask if the cable wire is secured. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Yeah I was there when the script was being written in West Warwick Rhode Island. Never had to work with it though. Thank God.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Speaking with a Tier 2 representative on a first contact call is at best an unlikely scenario.  OP probably called on a Friday night and eventually got a recorded message.  That could be irritating even for a calm person, which OP apparently is not.   It seems he then tried to get a technical answer using Cox’s chat service.  That may have worked out well for someone, sometime, but I don’t recall anyone ever saying what great service they received from “Oliver” to solve any problem they were having.  OP may not have found the welcome message that includes Cox Media Support’s email address.   A better solution would be for Cox to add “Send us an email” to the “Need More Help?” section on the forum home page and include the email address there.  An email to Cox Media Support is the most likely option to produce a positive result.  But before doing that, OP should have checked Cox's website, if Internet was available, for reported outages in his area.  It might have reduced his level of aggravation.