Forum Discussion

Covid_Hold
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox still not scheduling home appointments due to corona virus

I have only one working internet outlet at my home and have been running a cable across the house to provide internet to my office since the beginning of the safe at home campaign.  I called cox to set an appointment to get additional outlets installed and they are not sending Techs out due to Covid 19.

During this time I have had electricians, drywall repair, counter tops and flooring installed in my home and all followed precautions mandated by the CDC and the state.

When I asked when the technicians will start servicing customer needs I was told they have no idea.

If there is any type of plan for cox I would sure like to hear about it.  I can imagine those who have moved and needed to get internet set-up in their new home have been going through the same thing as I am.

Help/

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Covid Hold,

At this time, our technicians are not entering customer homes –this change helps to protect both our customers and our field technicians while managing the shelter-in-place orders that are in place across our footprint. In most areas, our technicians are committed to assisting our customers with self-installs and trouble calls from outside the home and over the phone to ensure they are connected to essential services that they need right now. We understand that other providers are making different decisions for their employees and customers; our priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers, so we’re not entering customer homes.

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator