Forum Discussion

Zurq
Contributor II
3 years ago

Cox Packetloss, again.

I've made many posts about this issue over the years, and filed many FCC complaints, and thousands of emails later and still nothing to show for it but the packet loss.
Like I mentioned I've had upstream loss for at least 4-5 years when i started to actually notice, cause then I started to get into online games, and it became difficult to play them, I've had at least 20-30 tech visits, most of the occurring in the past 3 years. Over a dozen linemen visits, and a few Supervisor visits, the original issue was backfeeding noise, that traveled into the node, causing the packet loss, they showed me a list of houses they needed to go to and fix the various problems to alleviate the noise, so it wouldn't backfeed and give packet loss, everyday the more work they did, the better the internet got, and eventually the internet was at it's prime. but since mid 2021 to now, it's been terrible. for the most part i gave up, because it consumed so much of my free time, monitoring the network via pingplotter for 4-5 hours when I know the packet loss will be present, and sending screenshots to the email support, just for them to tell me they don't see packet loss on their end. which hearing that every time really annoyed me, but i kept it up until I physically couldn't do it anymore, due to me working a full time job and coming home to deal with a headache, I like play online games with my buddies after work to keep entertained for the time i am home, but I can't seem to be able to do that at all anymore, gaming is completely ruined for me and is not fun due to the massive disadvantage it puts me at, and it gets frustrating so i choose to not play. I hope my efforts this time actually ensure a fix for me and the rest of my neighborhood, cause i know for a fact that they are experiencing it to, but they are ignorant to the issue and how to find it, or even know what packet loss is, cause most of my neighbors are older, or don't have the time to do what I am doing aka reporting it over and over. I highly doubt that I will actually get it fixed, due to how long I've been reporting it but one can hope, if you read through this and have cox affiliations please let the headquarters or email the team that works in Jeanerette Louisiana 70544, know that there is massive problems in this town for Cox.

Thanks.

-Michael

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Michael
    I can understand how frustrating it is to have constant packet loss that interprets your home entertainment experience. Because you have been having issues for so long, I would recommend that you email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Still
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue. I use Microsoft Teams for work. I used the Microsoft Teams connectivity checker and it told me I have 37% packet loss. My download speed is excellent, but my upload is terrible. I am not on wifi, I have cat6 wiring everywhere.

Allan
      @Still, I know how frustrating packet loss can be and we want to help. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.