Forum Discussion

DTHRILL
New Contributor
3 years ago

COX delays EBB implementation

I qualified and got approved for EBB 30 days ago, then was able to pass CheckID and get info linked to my COX info, 28 days ago. I have called Customer service and gave gotten 3 different ETAs and NO RESOLUTION.

One rep said 5 biz days, another said 30 days. I am STILL waiting for the EBB $50 monthly credit to be applied. Rep told me late fee would apply if $50 is not paid by due date.

Apparently, COX is super slow to apply Federal credit but superfast at billing. I will be writing to my Congressman & President regardings delays implementing the financial assist. COX should not be allowed to charge late payment fees because of their own system failures. They are just taking advantage of the little people.

WRITE to your congressmen and file a complaint with FCC!!

This should prefaced by " IF & WHEN YOUR INTERNET COMPANY DESIRES," the Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    rhjamil
    New Contributor

I’m going through the same thing with them. I was approved in May and I still haven’t gotten any discount. Not May, not June and now I’m about to get another bull for a July and I can garuntee that 😡x has not sorted it out yet😡😡😡😡

DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Rhjamil,

I can certainly understand your concern and we would be happy to take a look into your account specifically. However, we would ask that you email us at cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this forum post to protect your account security.

David
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @DTHRILL

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. Please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, full address and inquiry.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    New Contributor II

Yeah, I've been fighting them for a month as well. I'm not sure why the approval process through Cox is so lengthy and impossible, the government approved me in literally 4 seconds through my Pell grant. Don't forget, Cox provides forums so we can provide our own tech support, not so we can vent our frustrations or get help navigating their bureaucratic bs. lol. I already reported them to the FCC but I will keep reporting them every month they don't give me my discount. 

Best of luck! 

rhjamil
      New Contributor

Im going to be filing a complaint today as well as getting in touch with local congress and state reps.