Forum Discussion

Tracy_D
New Contributor
2 years ago

continuous internet outage and cox has blocked calls

My son and his roommates live around Mclintock and Ivanhoe in Chandler 85226. They have been having non stop internet issues for the last 10 days or so. It's out again today. Cox has given them one $10 credit but cannot tell them what's wrong. It now seems that Cox has blocked their number from support both on the phone and via chat. One of they boys went into the cox store today and still couldn't get any answers. They are all doing classes online from home and aren't able to do any school work!  I'm not on the acct so I'm not able to call but really, what the heck is going on in that neighborhood?

4 Replies

gregtstevens
    New Contributor III

I am chiming in to share that I am having a simile problem. I am in Tucson (85719), and have had almost daily outages. Yesterday there were THREE separate outages each lasting more than an hour. Their app and chat support have been saying it is a problem “in the area” each time, so I know it isn’t my modem or my connection. It is definitely a problem in “the area” although I don’t know how wide this “area” is.

I work from home, and so (just like students who take online courses) I cannot function if this is the quality of service Cox provides. It seems like a relatively new problem, which is why I’m posting about it here looking for answers (rather than just cancelling immediately). 

If ANYONE has any idea why Cox is having serious regional issues with regular/repeated outages, please let us know!

gregtstevens
    New Contributor III

P.S. Your post caught my attention also because recently their automated phone help line has taken to hanging up on me (LOL), and the app crashes when I try to start a chat. So although they may have specifically blocked your son’s number for support it also could be that their entire support phone system is being garbage.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Cant tell you. What modem are they using? What indicator lights are showing? Do they have anything on ethernet or only WiFi?

Tracy_D
      New Contributor

That I'm not sure but can find out. Cox told them there was an outage but they couldn't say why so I dont think its their equiepment