Forum Discussion

johnptd
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Constant requests to reset my password

For the past two months I have been getting email requests from Cox to reset my password due to "suspicious activity detected on my account". Lately they have been coming about every two weeks. I finally was able to get this problem elevated to the Cox Email Support Team and a ticket# (CUI000008903059) assigned. They sent me an email yesterday indicating that the problem was fixed. Hardly an hour went by when I received another reset my password email. There is no way to reply to the Email Support Team. What do I have to do to get this resolved?

JohnD

6 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

you probably have multiple devices that access email & when you change on one but not the others, they continue to ping the server, which looks like an intrusion/security issue on your account.

you need to change the pw on all devices.

johnptd
      New Contributor II

bearone2,

I do have multiple devices. The message I am receiving refers to my primary account as the issue. I have that set up on only one device. My secondary accounts are set up on other devices. I wish Cox could share with me exactly they found and supposedly corrected.

JohnD

bearone2
        Contributor III

do the 2nd accounts have different login/passwords?