Forum Discussion

Darxtar
New Contributor
6 years ago

Constant Packet Loss

Hardwired connection on Preferred 150 plan is constantly losing packets. Packet loss ranges from 3% - 20% throughout the day. This is with one active connection, no downloads or streaming. Just gaming. The packet loss is very apparent for PC gaming and PS4 gaming. Again, both are hardwired and not even in use at the same time together. As we can see from the forums and by googling, this is a very common and frustrating issue that we need resolved. There are no solutions on our end that we can implement to fix it (yes we have tried resetting the modem). I had the same plan and modem in Chandler and didn't experience packet loss there but now that I moved to Peoria, it's pretty constant. Modem is also supported (DOCSIS 3.0). It's pretty clear that there's something in this area that is causing the packet loss which is on COX's end/infrastructure.

Please assist and we can provide more information to look into this issue. I don't want to switch providers but if the service doesn't work for our needs, we will switch.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jameswyatt73521
    New Contributor II

having same issue in my area they said they are upgrading the service going on two weeks now wonder if they are "upgrading" in your area

Zurq
    Contributor II

Im getting paket loss up to 5% in fortnite, its a disadvantage to say the least.

• I am looking at your modem signal levels and a lot of the channels have a really low signal level, which is likely the cause of your packet loss. I see that you have a service call setup, which we will definitely need.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Zurq
      Contributor II

was that directed to me or him

Darxtar
      New Contributor

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I am hopeful for a stable connection.

Best,

Mike