Forum Discussion

kevjam
New Contributor
2 days ago

Constant packet loss after maintenance in my area

Getting intermittent packet loss for no discernable reason, getting single digit upload speeds (zero). My games are unplayable as I either just rubber-band around or constantly disconnect from games and working from home has been a nightmare for the past two weeks as people cannot understand the robotic voice I'm speaking in and I can hardly even connect on my company VPN.

I bought a brand new modem as your representatives managed to gaslight me into thinking that was a possibility, NOPE. Even when hard wired with brand new cables that I also got gaslit into buying, my internet is still an experience I can only describe as dismal. 

I've had a tech come out who couldn't find out the issue, we have been having maintenance come out on an almost biweekly schedule with the other people in my area reporting issues, I have thrown a few hundred dollars into this problem on my end, and more through my company with my loss of productivity. And even on my time off I can't enjoy my time because it is wasted with Cox reps trying to sell the stupid box for the millionth time and wasting hours of my life doing modem resets that I have already done, and asking about my router after I've told them I've been hard-wired to the modem during this whole fiasco.

Weeks of this, what exactly is my internet bill going towards? What am I spending thousands of dollars a year on when you guys can just destroy my connection to the internet on a whim and ruin an entire month for me and gaslight me about my modem which now I have multiple of from falling for it?

4 Replies

thehumangerm
    New Contributor

File an FCC complaint make them pay for your router for lying to you. The only way they learn is if they get enough FCC fines. 

• Hello. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues. Please reach out to us at Cox.help@cox.com for assistance. We'd love to help.

Cox Forum Moderator

Juan

• welcome to the club. me and many others are in slave with this horrible packet loss issue. i have third tech coming out tomorrow. and i'm about to get the same spiel they have all given me. they will blame the other stuff other than their own. 

kevjam
      New Contributor

Honestly, feels like Cox intentionally downgraded their service here. I didn't like T-Mobile much when I was using it because it would get congested during peak hours, but it's certainly better than this garbage of not knowing whether or not I'll be able to use the internet at all.