Forum Discussion

dabdup
New Contributor
4 years ago

Constant outages in the evening hours

These outages happen so often, my data and speeds are capped when I use it the most, forced to use a cox panoramic wifi modem which is a horrible design from top down, the connection constantly drops when I'm in the middle of an online game.... This service is not worth what you charge for it. I wish you would stop, along with every other company who holds a local monopoly on a service ( SRP, APS etc.) being a bunch of greedy jerks and start giving people more than they deserve for once. Instead of making up a bunch of over priced unnecessary "plans" and attaching a book of stipulations without any fore warning that the infrastructure can't handle what you provide, why don't you invest some of your billions into infrastructure, or stop price gouging for a "maybe it might work when you need it the most" Service. Very unhappy with how corporations show the people who keep them successful with their hard earned cash.... acknowledgement or even gratitude. My internet is down right now. If it was not, I'd get busy with something much more entertaining that writing a complaint on this forum. Pay your employees more, and charge your customers less. You can afford it...guy who owns everything .

5 Replies

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your internet services. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would love to be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    SpencerK
    New Contributor

I’m not only getting sporadic outages during the evenings, but in the last 2 weeks or so, throughout the day, and quite frequent.  I’m using ATT tether to my iPad at this moment.  Cox offers no information on this, and indicates there’s no outage.  The outages last anywhere from 15 seconds to 30 minutes or longer.  All I get out of Cox is “the usual” - check connections (flawless), reboot, (never works), but no concrete explanation as to why this seems to be the new normal.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi SpencerK,
      Sounds like we need to take a more thorough look into what is causing these issues. Please contact us via Private Message on Facebook or DM Twitter @coxhelp or email us at cox.help@cox.com.
      Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

First, why are you forced to use Panoramic?

Feddd_up
    New Contributor

I am so fed up with COX I I have called several times, haven't watched tv without any problems for weeks. They keep saying they are working in our area or a lot of people are using the internet. That is not my problem. I am paying a lot of money for service. I can't put up with this any longer