Forum Discussion

RandomDyingGame
New Contributor
2 years ago

Can't delete port forward with Panoramic Wifi App.

As the title says. For some reason, I can not delete any of my port forwards with the Panoramic Wifi App. And I can't go to https://wifi.cox.com/network/advanced-settings to do it there cause for some stupid reason they put it to where it shows where you can download the app and they removed the feature of port forwarding from the router site that's connected to the IP address.

If anyone can help me and tell me why they made if I have to be really blunt here, these stupid decisions that just make it more difficult.

4 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Yea, I think the Panoramic gateways are controlled by app only now. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? You can also try a factory reset if you get desperate. To be honest though, if port forwarding is a important feature, you might want to invest in your own router.

RandomDyingGame
      New Contributor

Dumb question here, but do you know why they choose to do this?

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Could be for security issues. Maybe the app is easier to lock down. However it's probably for support simplification reasons. Having two ways of doing everything made for a problematic work flow.