Forum Discussion

Cancellor
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cancelling service

My contract is expiring and I am trying to cancel my service because Cox will not allow me to downgrade internet speed.  I followed the online steps and keep coming back to the sales page, the online chat is no use.  I eventually found an 800 number, 8002348963, but that continues to disconnect the 12 times I have tried to call in the last two days.  Is there anything I can do prior to reporting to my state consumer agency?  It appears my bill is going to double and I am unable to afford.

Thank you

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you have a Cox Solution Store near you, gather all your equipment and return it:  cable box, remote, Internet modem, telephone modem.  Get a receipt.

bearone2
    Contributor III

just what do you think your state consumer agency will do to help??

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

To allow a consumer to freely discontinue service before a change in rate.

bearone2
        Contributor III

theoretically yes but how long will it really take for them to resolve the issue or will it go to the back burner with all the other complaints?

quixotictif
    New Contributor

1-844-227-3943 Try that number...it’s only good for regular business hours though. I have also lodged a complaint about how cancelling service is insanely hard

bearone2
      Contributor III

this is your 3rd post today about same topic, you get an atta boy for effort.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

"A Bay Tot" is an anagrams of atta boy.  Does 1-844 live in a bay area?