Forum Discussion

PAK
New Contributor
2 years ago

AUP#CXSNDR Error Sending Email

I haven't encountered this problem before. I have tried twice to report a phishing email to their respective companies (Amazon and PayPal). I use the email address given on their website and just forward the message. Then I get this:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  <paul.koerber@cox.net> message rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at www.cox.com/.../email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CXSNDR. Please check the message and try again.

Trying to send again results in the same error.

I am using Thunderbird 102.12.0 (64-bit).

While I don't send many emails I have to think this problem occurred because of the contents of the phishing emails?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you get that message only when sending to a specific email address? If so, try sending a blank email to the same address and see if you get the same error. Sounds like you are triggering Cox's anti-spam.

PAK
      New Contributor

Yes a blank message goes through. I thought about zipping the message up and sending it that way. But then I again I think I will try copy and paste into a gmail message.

PAK
        New Contributor

I finally had to save the email to a file on disk, zip it up and send the zip file! Hopefully they will want to take the time to unzip it and examine the email. An extra step for the both of us!