Forum Discussion

Namrevil71
New Contributor
7 years ago

Arris 6190 speed issues in VA Beach since last week

Good evening,

Anyone else in the Red Mill area having horrible download speed issues since Thursday evening? I am pretty sure it is related to the gigabit speed upgrades happening on the nodes in the area as my 6190 was only bonding 24 channels prior to Thursday and now its 32 utilizing the full capability of the modem. The problem is the connection is all over the place since this began.It can be as low at 2mbps up to 330mbps or so like normal. I am on the Ultimate Tier. I also noticed when the speed dies off as many as 6 or 7 channels wont be bonded when looking at the modem config page. I am planning on scheduling a tech out to the house on  Monday but if its just a firmware issue, etc I thought I would take a shot here 1st so a Tier 2 rep could check that out. I will direct message the support address now as well but wanted to post this 1st to see if other customers are having issues.

Thanks

3 Replies

• Hello Namrevil71, We do see that you have an appointment scheduled today. It's our hopes that they will be able to isolate the root cause of these issues so it can be resolved for you. If you would need any assistance with anything after this appointment, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

My guess is there is noise on the downstream channels then just opened up. Can you post your signal levels?

sokal48
    New Contributor

sorry to say but the SB6190 is plagued with a bad chip. PUMA 6.  has latency issues from modem to device ie router/computer.  if you have speed more than 300 you will see issues.  I have upgraded to the sb8200.  so far very good does get a lil warm but when cox connection quality in Gloucester, VA is working its blazing fast.  Also look in to MoCa filter.  If your neighbors has a MoCa network like the panoramic wifi or contour and does not have a filter on their end the network may cause interference with your cable lines.  

I wish you luck buddy and the SB6190 will continue to degrade until the new firmware that may get released fixes the issue.

back in January I lost all my hair trying to figure out my issue with the SB6190 but I agree every time cox upgrades a speed their is network issues for at least 6 months as they fix all the week points and upgrade node sites for the increased throughput.

my issues a few months ago http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/5/t/20010.aspx?pi287=2