Forum Discussion

yak
Contributor III
6 years ago

A new batch of spam is arriving.

Several weeks ago I was one of many who were getting 30-50 spams per day.  That eased-off.  In the last 4 days I have been getting 10-15 spams per day.  All of them telling me that my bank account has been closed or suspended or that I have received a Zelle payment.  I understand that there is no "fix" for this.  Just wondering if I am alone?

4 Replies

• Hello Yak. Are these email addresses that are sending all of this spam ending in a @cox.net? Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      yak
      Contributor III

no.  just the usual spam accounts.  3 daily from BofA (fake of course),  3 from Navy Federal,  3 from Chase, etc.  all warning me that my bank account is suspended until I click on the link. when you check the reply address, it is typical spam addresses.

pianoman
    New Contributor II

It is maddening, isn't it? And no one from Cox will take ownership of this enormous problem that was created when they outsourced the email platform.

yak
      Contributor III

thanks pianoman.  When you say "outsourced" what exactly happened?  I only heard that Cox was "switching servers" which sounded vague.  I got 10 more spams this morning.  I double-checked and none of them was. from a cox address.  all had the typical spam gobbledy-gook reply addresses.