Forum Discussion

cake
New Contributor
5 years ago

$80 increase on bundle, no notice and more

Seeking any advice/suggestions. I received an email today saying my bill is changing (it changed 3 days ago without notice). $139 to $219.

I don’t watch the TV at all. I strictly use Contour on my laptop and tablet - I only watch 7 channels (4 of which I can watch for free online). The one channel I use 90% of the time goes out several times a day. Other channels - fine. .
I got the landline because I had to get it to get cable TV. Besides they said, “It’s only $4.” As of 3 days ago, it’s now $43. Plus I’m paying for a “phone modem.” The only “modem” in use is the Cox-compatible one a friend bought for me prior to getting anything from cox. 

Im an older woman, near 60, on Medicaid for multiple heath problems, in a 55+ community and I have no income. Just a small savings. I don’t qualify for $10/mo WiFi because my kids are adults. I need internet and online TV to stave off isolation.  I can’t pay $120 disconnection. 

I should have gotten notice before my end date, not after.  I’m furious and don’t know what to do.  Called, did chats, got hung up on. 

No change in services. Email sent today at 12:59 said I have other “options” before time runs out (already did): 1) get $6 off, OR 2)pay $25 *more* for extra stuff I won’t use/don’t want. Like Verizon, I fear deliberate complexity and difficulty is a business model used to get people to give up. Probably worke. 

The new annual 2020 Cox customer notice says: 

Excerpt:

About this Notice – The information in this notice may change in the future. We will provide appropriate notice of any significant changes in advance so that you can make decisions about your future service needs.

“Changes in Service or Prices – Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our services and prices at any time. As a Cox customer, you will generally receive notice of changes in services or prices at least 30 days in advance or in compliance with applicable laws.”

www.cox.com/.../annual-customer-notice.html

2 Replies

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

contour is what cox  calls the tv channel packages.    remember cox bills in advance you need to call customer support

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @Cake, can you please reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com for additional support? The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This post has been locked. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator