Forum Discussion

ajgringo619
New Contributor III
7 years ago

5G Network Disappeared

All of a sudden my home network took a dump. My Wireless USB 5G adapter lost connection to the Cox router and will not reconnect; many reboots/resets of the modem/PC have accomplished nothing.  I've had to disable 5G on the router just to be able to stay connected on the 2.4G side. I've also noticed a fairly significant drop in download speeds (somehow upload speeds are still great). The Cox Home Network support page can't connect to my network so I don't know where to turn next. Does this sound like a faulty device?

5 Replies

• Hello ajgringo619, If you have already tried to reboot the modem and still getting performance issues and not able to connect to the 5G network. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    ajgringo619
    New Contributor III

Thanks. I've been in touch with cox.help@cox.com and for now I'm OK. I switched to ethernet over wireless (Linux drivers aren't the greatest in this area) and the download speeds went through the roof. Since I don't have any other 5G devices I'm not going to worry about it, unless the 2.4G side starts acting up.

• ajgringo619,

Thanks for the update. One thing to consider is doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will restore access to the MyWiFi portal and possibly restore your 5g wireless network. Keep in mind that you would then need to refer to the sticker on the device for your network name and password.

ajgringo619
    New Contributor III

That was the 1st thing i tried. There's something weird going on, just not sure what. I don't understand why I can't see my network/modem from the Cox website, but online tech support says it's up and running.

MarkM1
    Former Moderator

ajgringo619,

We are sorry you are experiencing this issue with your service. We are happy that your 2.4 G network still works. I show that the modem was replaced on 3/15. If the 5G network is not working, we can get a tech out to check that for you. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com to let us know.