Forum Discussion

jen4975
New Contributor
19 days ago

Travel Plan

I have been with Cox for 27 years.  I've had cable, internet and phone service throughout the years.  Two weeks ago my internet bill more than doubled because of an expiring promotion.  I went into the Cox store to drop my service and go to Verizon.  Cox double teamed me with a sales pitch that would offer me a better price, guaranteed no contract, and my bad, I fell for it.  Because my current cell phone did not fall under their promotion I had to buy a new phone, but the promotion would offer me $500 off, but I couldn't buy the phone then and there, it would have to be a payment plan.  So today, I contacted Cox with the online chat to set up the travel plan on my phone as I'm going to be out of the country for a couple weeks, starting next week.  I was told I had to have cox mobile service for 30 days before I could get the travel plan.  Now I'm going to have to pay exorbitant roaming fees because I've had the phone less than 30 days?  That doesn't even make sense! They act as if I'm a new customer with no credit history with the company.  I've been with them for 27 years!  As soon as this phone is paid off, I'm done.  They are a bunch of scam artists!

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Download Text now, and use your phone as WiFi text and calling using text now. It will be free.

• Hi Jen4975, thank you for your many years of loyalty to us. I value your business and I want to provide you with quick and easy access to your Cox products and services. I'm sorry that your transition to Cox Mobile wasn't as smooth as it could have been. My husband travels internationally for work quite often, and I understand the stress of ensuring you'll still have access to cloud files, contact lists, and international calling and texting while abroad. I'd be worried about paying roaming fees, also! I'd like to hear more about your experience and see if there is anything I can do to help. Please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com so I can further assist you.