Forum Discussion

Still_Bill
New Contributor
8 months ago

Webmail: "Unexpected Internal Error" - Try Again!

When I try to access my Cox e-mail using the Webmail link (myemail.cox.net), I get the following error with a big red bar:  "There Was an Unexpected Internal Error.  Please Try Again".  But, I cant ry 100 times and it still won't work.  It may work several hours later.  Used to happen once in a while, but now all the time.  I tried calling Cox Customer Service -but they were clueless.  Anyone?

4 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

@Still_Bill Have you been able to access Webmail?  Did you check for accumulated sessions?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

When Webmail has worked, do you always "Sign out" when you leave or do you sometimes just close the Webmail browser tab?  "Sign out" only ends the current session.  It doesn't sign out all previous sessions that accumulate when the Webmail browser tab is closed without a "Sign out".  The maximum number of active Webmail sessions may have been exceeded which resulted in the unexpected internal error.  It's possible the reason you're sometimes able to sign in later is because another device signed out and dropped you below the maximum active sessions threshold.

If you're able to access Webmail:    Settings (gear) > All settings ... > Security > Your devices

Count the number of active sessions listed (for future reference).  Then:

Sign out from all devices (will sign out from all but the current session).

Even if you routinely "Sign out", you should do this occasionally to clean up accumulated sessions that will be retained if you happen to close the Webmail browser tab without signing out.   

Please post back and indicate if  you "Sign out" when leaving Webmail.  If you're able to perform the above, please include the number of active sessions listed and your results.  This will help give other Webmail users a better understanding, going forward, of the maximum number of active sessions threshold and what may happen if it's exceeded.

If you continue to be unable to sign into Webmail, contact cox.help@cox.com.  Include your name, the full service address and a link to this thread.  Good luck.  

Still_Bill
    New Contributor

I mean "can" try 100 times...

Can't add photos to these posts?  (Media upload in progress - try again later?)

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

The picture upload hasn't been working since the forum platform moved to Khoros. One of many glitches. Try Imgur and post the link instead.