- For the last three weeks and only on FOX NEWS, the sound disappears for a second or two and comes back. This happens off and on throughout the day every few seconds to once every five minutes or more. It's disgusting and only happens when we watch Fox News, no other channels have this problem. I've been told by Cox there is no such problem from their end of transmissions and I've had technicians out and they say there's no problems. Rebooting of convertor does not help. Who else is this happening to? I'm in Cox San Diego North.Solved
Audio cuts in/out 2 secs on 2secs off continually on channel 81 (Heroes & Icons). This ** and so does Cox fake chat help.On Channel 81-Heroes and Icons network the audio continually cuts in and out, about 2 second on 2 seconds off. This continues for as long as I am tuned to that channel. It is not an intermittent problem. What ** even more is that there is no way to email Cox about this. Their so-calle chat help is nothing more than a bot with a bunch of canned responses to issues which have no relevance to this matter.
- Come on cox get it together! It’s been over a month of just absolute horrible service! The sound keeps cutting in and out and the shows freeze! I’ll be super interested in a show and just at a part that I’ve been waiting to hear the sound cuts out ugh! I’ll try to rewind and it won’t rewind and just go back to live making me completely miss the part in the show I needed to see or hear! Also then I can’t rewind at all when I should be able to! It’s also pathetic cox only lets u rewind less than thirty minutes when direct tv lets u rewind four hours back if u wanted as long as u have been on that channel for that long! And u can only pause the tv for like five minutes before it kicks u off! Cox has gone completely downhill and we completely regret going back to cox! I wish the sales guy for cox would have never talked my dad into getting us to use cox again! The only good thing I like is the voice button to speak what u want to watch other than that it’s ** and I’m getting so tired of not getting to watch a full episode without something going wrong during it! I have to go watch my Netflix if I want to watch something without sound issues or the show freezing ugh! I know I’m repeating myself but u have no idea how frustrating it is to miss parts in a show and every show! We even had a couple techs out to our house and they don’t fix anything and then this last one couldn’t even come inside like seriously what’s the point of sending out a tech guy if he can’t come in and try to help us with this horrible service! Ridiculous cox just ridiculous!
- Have a new Contour box on a new Samsung TV connected via HDMI cable that has intermittent audio with sound dropping out for from several seconds to several minutes at a time, on all channels and all modes of viewing (live, recorded, On Demand & Netflix). Neither resetting nor replacing the Contour box has resolved the issue. Help! Signed: Missing Dish in San Diego
- I have a new TV with a mini box. For various periods of time I lose all audio on various channels. Sometimes I have audio for the program and not the commercials. I have checked all cables and reset the box. I should also mention when I first turn it on it flashes from picture to gray screen and back at least a half dozen times. What's the deal?
- When I pause a show on live tv, then catch up to real time, the sound will go in and out. Out for 5 seconds or so, then on for a minute or two, then out again. If I flip channels and then go back, it fixes itself. If this is happening and the show is also recording, the recorded version has the same issue, plus it won't show me what I'm forwarding through when fast forwarding. The picture stays on a still pic of what was on when I hit fast forward. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal, or should I call Cox about it?
- I mainly just watch a few things I record thru the week on the weekends, but to be clear; I see the following phenomenon on live TV as well. Sometimes (not all the time) on some channels, I will have periods of the sound dropping out for about a second, usually along with a narrow strip of the picture about 1/3 down from the top also distorting during the sound drop out. When it happens, the frequency of occurrences can be as close as 3-4 minutes or so. Sometimes it's so annoying, I just give up watching (along with wondering how stupid I am to be paying $xxx a month for this 'privilege'). I only have one TV hooked up to my Motorola DCT6412/2000 (no HDMI on the box; component) that I've had since ~2007 via my receiver. This phenomena has been happening off and on for about a year, maybe two. This *never* happens when watching via my Roku nor Chromecast using the same setup; just the Moto. The main channels affected (or the only ones I really watch) are the area NBC & Fox stations, along with BBC America, all in HD. As I write this, I realized I've never checked the SD channel versions. Then again, mostly I'm watching recordings but if I do have to switch to SD just to avoid this issue, what indeed *am* I paying for?
- This is an odd issue, but only exists on MTV - Channel 1029 (haven't tried non-HD). When you initially tune to the channel the audio is fine, but the longer you watch the more and more out of sync the sound becomes. This only started happening after the whole home DVR was installed and it happens on the main DVR as well as all the other boxes in the house. Anyone else experience this?
- We lose audio on a channel sometimes but if we go up or down one channel and come back to it the audio works again. Also, when navigating up or down around one channel in particular that I watch all the time (which now has the channel info appearing but the screen is gray and the audio doesn't work) the channels before and after it will gray out with no audio but will reappear when you go past it and back to it. What's with the "Press select to continue watching or channel may be temporarily unavailable" message? Thanks!