- I have called Cox a couple times, I have a tech scheduled to come out in 2 days. We have had a lot of service outages over the last 2 weeks. I have been having issues from around 3-5pm every day for over a month, just disconnects for 3-5 minutes them comes back up. Will do that multiple times a day. Doesn't seem to be equipment related, but wanted to see whatis the latest firmware for the Motorola MB8600? This is what my modem is saying and some error logs below. Cable Specification Version DOCSIS 3.1 Hardware Version V1.0 Software Version 8600-19.3.15 Cable Modem MAC Address 00:40:36:4F:29:26 Cable Modem Serial Number 3348-MB8600-0697 CM Certificate Installed Prod_19.3_d31 20:00:19 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Mon Sep 4 2023 20:00:22 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Mon Sep 4 2023 20:00:22 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Mon Sep 4 2023 20:00:28 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Mon Sep 4 2023 20:00:28 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Mon Sep 4 2023 Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Time Not Established Critical (3) Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=d4:ad:71:0d:b5:5c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=00:40:36:4f:29:26;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1
- Is anyone else seeing no errors on the event log, no uncorrectable errors occuring on anything but Channel 33 OFDM PLC where they are at roughly 400,000,000 in less than 48 hours. Wondering if it's an issue with the firmware but can't find a reliable reference. Modem is stable, everything is working wonderfully. MB8600 on Firmware 8600-19.3.15.
- Just a warning to the Cox forum users to update the firmware of their older Netgear routers to protect against a vulnerability. VULNERABLE MODELS Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Systems MR60 fixed in firmware version 188.8.131.52 MS60 fixed in firmware version 184.108.40.206 Routers R6900P fixed in firmware version 220.127.116.11 R7000P fixed in firmware version 18.104.22.168 R7960P fixed in firmware version 22.214.171.124 R8000P fixed in firmware version 126.96.36.199 https://hdwsec.fr/blog/20221109-netgear/
- According tohttps://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-modem-router,COX has approved firmwareV1.01.29 for my C6250 router. However, I'm still on V1.02.01 -- how do I upgrade my router to V1.01.29?
Netgear Orbi CBR750 Wi-Fi 6 DOCSIS 3.1 Mesh Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router - won't bond to more than 4-upstream bonded channelsI spoke to Cox sales & tech support prior to purchase of the CBR750 to verify this device is certified to work on the Cox network. - The Cox website actually features the modem-COX CBR750 page I have reached out though Facebook messenger, firstname.lastname@example.org The issue is that we had a scheduled ‘upgrade’ to our service area in Apri 22, 2021 Our service areahad an additional 4-upstream channels added to allow for the full ‘8’ — the Cox tech verified today that his field modem was getting the full 8 — the above The CBR750is only locking Channel ID 1-4 The Cox webpage (link above) clearly states for the CBR750:“32x8 channel bonding” I need someone in Cox engineering to determine that the current modem firmware (V1.01.08.)does not allow for all 8 - upstream bonded channels with Cox cable.And or that my modem is correctly provisioned with theappropriate coding to allow for the full 32x8 channel bonding. I cannot personally provision these settings—or modify firmware. Upstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power 1 Locked ATDMA 4 5120 Ksym/sec 16900000 Hz 40.0 dBmV 2 Locked ATDMA 3 5120 Ksym/sec 23500000 Hz 42.0 dBmV 3 Locked ATDMA 2 5120 Ksym/sec 29900000 Hz 43.8 dBmV 4 Locked ATDMA 1 5120 Ksym/sec 36300000 Hz 43.3 dBmV 5 Not Locked N/A Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 6 Not Locked N/A Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 7 Not Locked N/A Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 8 Not Locked N/A Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV ROUTER INFORMATION Hardware Version CBR750 Orbi Firmware Version V188.8.131.52_1.4.14 CM Firmware Version V1.01.08 CM Serial Number 67A109XXXXXXX CM Certificate Installed Facebook Messenger replies from Cox: "Hello XXXX. My name is Allison and I will be assisting you while Maria is away. We value you as a customer and apologize that you are experiencing issues with your modem upload bond channels. After reviewing your account, your account shows that your modem's current firmware version is V1.01.08. We are unable to send anything to you confirming this, but I will provide additional information on getting to this information on your own shortly. Currently, your modem is bonding to 4 upstream channels. We would have to refer you to the manufacturer of the modem to see why all 8 channels on your modem is not working. You can also attempt to log into your modem on your own by going to http://routerlogin.net and use the default username "admin" and password of "password" to login to your router directly to troubleshoot this. Here, you will also be able to find the latest firmware that is on your modem. We are unable to troubleshoot 3rd party equipment through this channel. However, for additional support on this you would have to reach out to NETGEAR or you can add our Advance support Cox Complete Care which $9.99 a month, they can remotely access your computer and assist you with diagnosing your equipment. -Allison" /////// I apologize XXXX, there is no other team I can get you over to, besides the options I've already provided. I understand this is not the answers you are seeking, however those are the only two options I can provide to you. You can also reach out to our Technical Support department at 800-234-3993, if you wanted to speak to someone directly about this. -Allison /////// I definitely understand your frustrations XXXX. I'm sorry we could not be of more help. Please feel free to download our free Cox App to manage your account. If we can ever be of additional support, please reach out. We are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Allison Apple Devices - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cox-connect/id415894489?mt=8 Android Devices - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.cox.android.mobileconnect&hl=enSolved
- Having the same issues as this previous post:https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/25888/cox-not-updating-firmware-on-router-modem/101170#101170. OP said they were able to get it resolved but only when the Cox support team wanted to. I am having the same experience that they described with call-in support - no help. Tried to ask what firmware they're using and they said they don't know what firmware they're using but at least they update it all the time. Not helpful. The author in the above article had the same problem almost a year ago and they have the same equipment as me - doesn't seem like firmware is updated often. Just going to steal the previous author's post because I have the same gear and situation: Cox is not pushing out the latest firmware to my router/modem and then wants to up charge me to fix it. I bought a brand new router/modem approved by cox and cox had to help set it up. I asked to make sure they pushed the latest firmware. A week later I am still having the same issue. They want me to add the home care package to my account and pay more money. Netgear has provided the latest firmware to Cox version 1.02.12 yet cox is running me in circles and will not update. C7000v2 https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-modem-router
- Why is it impossible to get cox to provide firmware updates to modems? The Arris SB8200 is listed as a GigaBlast modem. Many chats later and I had one tech tell me that it "would be very illegal for Cox to control the firmware on the MODEM". Obviously, that is not the case because the cable provider is responsible for controlling the firmware that is at the gateway. I don't even have the ability to do that as a consumer. So how do I get it updated>??
- I live in Arizona and my Motorola MB8600 cable modem had firmware version 8600-18.2.9 for over a year. On Sept 30th, 2020 Cox pushed firmware version 8600-19.3.11 to it. Did anyone else get this firmware update, and if not, what firmware is your MB8600 currently using? I have yet to see anyone mention this particular firmware version.
- I tried going through the support chat but had no luck. I am just trying to find if my modem has the currently supported firmware version. They tried selling me the cox support package, but I. Perfectly capable of troubleshooting my own hardware. If I could get an answer on how to find out the current firmware supported, and/or get it pushed to my modem that would be great! Arris Surfboard SBG10 Firmware: 9.1.103AA72
- Just curious, but what is the firmware that Cox is running for the Netgear CM1200?? I live in Los Angeles, CA. I wonder if this firmware fixed the Link Aggregation Issue that Netgear resolved recently with firmware updates. Does the latest version of CM1200 firmware resolve the issue?? If you Link Aggregate, I think you can get speeds above 1 Gb/s, but only if you are on the Gigablast Plan. Sorry for the plethora of questions but I wanted to know before I invested some time into it.