- Homelife App will not sign in after normal iPhone close (swipe). When performing normal start (select icon) continuous loop with "signing in" message appears with "busy" icon. Needswipe close App then cold start App using iPhone drag sipe) to expose running apps. and then close App. After that am able to normal start Homelife App.
- In the good ole days when we could control the thermostats on the web vs. just using the mobile app, we could create a schedule for one day and copy that schedule to other days. I can't find a way to do that on the mobile app. Is it possible to do that? If not, why not? Can we get that feature back? (and can we get the web-based control back too, while you're at it?) Thanks!
- Homelife Camera life feed causes error on Galaxy J& Polaris10 months ago Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy J7 android phone (Verizon). Downloaded Cox Homelife app. I can sign in OK and see the camera still feed, but when I tap the scene to get the live feed I get "kicked out" of the application - - and it closes. I can do all other functions with homelife including viewing the camera still pictures that are refreshed every 10 seconds, or so. My android system is 7.1.1., I believe. Can anybody help? Oldest Votes Newest OfflineCarolLM10 months ago Hi there, in order to best assist you I'll need some additional information. Please send us a Facebook PM, Twitter DM, or an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, complete address, account name. -Thanks, Carol Up0Down MoreSolved
- I have gotten the complete run around for 10 months. In fact, the only reason I am now able to contact you is because I'm on AT&T Wifi. I want to know if anyone experienced this: 1) I was told that I had a 1 year opt out of HomeLife promotion and OF COURSE I wanted to do that because... 2) I was robbed twice and the video ** so bad the cops said there video is completely worthless 3) and the worst part....Cox would never fix the HomeLife problem interfering with my internet. I have a home business. The install...which they had TWO MONTHS to prepare for, was a sh&t show. The day of our move, we are exhausted. Guy shows up late, can't do the job. Before we know it, we must have had 20 Cox guys crawling our house and 10 trucks down the street - I kid you not. They put HomeLife in the SUCKIEST place possible (THE BASEMENT). They left equipment everywhere and split at 11:00 pm with an unfinished job. When, of course, wifi didn't work and internet sucked, Cox would send out a service guy. He'd say "Oh, not a problem, easy fix.....OH YOU HAVE HOMELIFE...SORRY WE WON'T TOUCH THAT AND HOMELIFE WON'T REINSTALL.) WTF!!! 4) I must've had 10 Cox guys and contractors out. They all said the same thing. 5) So, in order to run my company, I had to turn to Verizon to fix it. I'm having to run my business - on unlimited data from Verizon for almost a year. Folks, that is a $400 bill every month (Verizon + Cox). 6) For months, I begged for help. I asked out of the contract. The price for ending it fluctuated all over. It was the same price at 8 months in as it is now. 7) Then, because I was labeled a pain, I was moved into the "Loyalty Department" Gulag. No one ever gets out of the Loyalty Department. 8) I cannot sneeze without them saying "You must speak to someone in the "Loyalty Department." It is almost impossible to actually speak to someone who works there. 9) And if you do and all you want to do is start the arbitration process or pay to get out of the contract, they will send you on another fishing expedition to get you off the phone. They promise "this will work...just tell the service person this." IT DOESN'T WORK....EVER. 10) The word "Cox" is a dirty word in my house in more ways than one. I break out in hives anytime I know I have to fight for the right thing. But it's not even that. All I want at this point is to get out of this contract and despite what their own contract says, they will not allow me to do this. They even told the next tenants (I bought a new home) that they are not letting me out of the contract. How is this possible? Is Cox not subject to the terms of the contract as well as the customer? 11) I'm drafting my "Demand Letter" for the Cox Legal Department now so that I can say I did it and then, worst times upon worst times, I'll sue in small claims if the courthouse is even accepting electronic filiing. Just curious...has Cox used HomeLife as an excuse to anyone else.
Alexa and homelife skill? Compatible yet? I got the homelife because of convenience but not being compatible may need to cancel due to not being user friendlyAlexa and homelife skill? Compatible yet? I got the homelife because of convenience but not being compatible may need to cancel due to not being user friendly
- Many have commented on the fact that the Vlock is no longer available nor is the weather. I see Cox continues to use a standard reply of...while the industry grows... Tell me Cox, are you saving money by removing the clock app? Currently my homelife touch screen states there are no apps to be loaded. So basically the touchscreen mirrors my phone app. Why do I need to be paying for the touchscreen?
- Cox is without a doubt the worst company I am forced to deal with. I can not believe they removed the clock and weather apps from their outdated and clunky alarm panel. All over a 6 cents increase in royalties per customer. They could careless about their customers. It is complete and total **!!!!! Their support states it is an upgrade. How is taking things away that most people that have their crappy hub use an "upgrade????" F%*k COX!!!!!
- I changed my network password so i had to reconnect everything wifi in my house. Why is the Cox Homelife Hub the only thing giving me a hard time. I have disconnected and reconnected a dozen times still not connected so frustrating.
- Hi - I am unable to view live video when using the app or the web portal. I know my camera is connected fine, because I see updated still photos and can take video and additional stills. But, when trying to view live video, it does not work. On the iOS app, it just says "Contacting Camera." The camera is connected through wifi. When the camera is plugged into the router via Ethernet, video seems to work. Is a wired connection necessary?