- I called Cox this morning because the option to Record a Series is not available to me on my Contour 1 DVR for Big Brother, Days of Our Lives, or General Hospital among other shows. My parents in a different household have the same issue. On the guide, these shows do not have episode numbers in the episode description. There is just a period where the episode number should be. The person I spoke to on the phone said I had to schedule a technician to come out to check my signals, but I know this isn't an issue at just my house so I'm trying to get Cox to please fix this on their end. I opened a ticket about this last Friday, but there was no status on that ticket in the system. I'd like to avoid a technician coming to my house unnecessarily.Solved
- Recently my DVR that is cloud based recordings started to jumble, we have missed several different shows on different networks. Shows will jump skip sound is not there and the show will jump to the beginning of the program even though you are actually 45 minutes into the program. When I fast forward you can see what the program should be showing but when you press play it is back to previous see stuff. This is very frustrating and missing shows is maddening. I have tried to watch the missed shows on demand but some aren't there. So why is this happening, COX?What can be done to fix this?
- I recently had to upgrade to Cox Contour. When I went to reset my slingbox remote, I could not locate the Contour 2. I saw on another thread that there is a Comcast model that is compatible. What is the compatible Comcast model?
Hi, I'm happy to be here, but I have a question. Why can we not DVR shows without them cutting off! Yes, I have seen the Cox answers, etc., but please tell me why I am paying such fees for Cox when they have no real answers?Why can we not DVR shows without them cutting off! Yes, I have seen the Cox answers, etc., but please tell me why I am paying such fees for Cox when they have no real answers?
Las Vegas Issue? 14 months of DVR'd shows and films ALL disappeared/deleted! New recordings not saving!Is this a regional issue? I just returned home from vacation--during my time away many shows were cued up to be recorded. I could not wait to catch up. Additionally, for the past 14 months, I've carefully and mindfully recorded/DVR'ed many shows and movies that were either meaningful to me, relevant to my work, or which I intended to watch or re-watch simply for fun. Imagine the punch in the pit of my stomach to discover--my first night home--all those carefully curated shows I missed while I was away on vacation are gone. As well as the entire collection of amazing shows and movies I have gone out of my way to save. All of them: gone. Approx. 100 DVR entries, although only 65% of capacity--and I'd selected "Save until space is needed." Further--new hows are scheduled to be recorded, they record but overnight they are wiped out and Deleted Items displays (0). I spoke with tech service tonight and the first-level rep reset my box but that didn't do anything. He connected me to a higher level "tech" and she was dismissive and apathetic/flippant about this issue. I pay upward of $200/mo for Cox, and generally am quite pleased. My favorite part of Cox, other than the Premium channels I pay for, is the ability to reliably save content that is meaningful to me, to view it as I am able, given my hectic and intensive work schedule. I work in a technical field and it nearly impossible to believe the higher-level tech representative was correct in saying no one at Cox has the ability to even diagnose this problem. That it's "just broken." I know--because it is my professional focus--the data is stored somewhere, the signal comes into the box, there is software -- many moving pieces that can analyzed. Cox has the ability to look at the equipment and analyze the signal from your perspective and evaluate the problem. I can't overstate how tremendously disappointed I am that Cox failed me while I was on vacation. Furthermore, many of the movies and shows I exactingly saved throughout the past 14 months cannot be re-found because they are no longer available on Cox. With regret--but I'm utterly serious--I will cancel all Cox services if Cox is no longer trustworthy enough to reliably meet my entertainment needs. And to handle this situation honestly. I know you-all have recovered data/content in the past. In this very TV Forum (not long ago) a Cox representative verified that Cox can--and she did--evaluate this situation and examine the behavior of the streams and data, and recover customer saved DVR content/lists when this same Cox-generated error occurred--the customers affected have affirmed that the Cox tech who posted here did in fact recover their data. Furthermore, I am aware that you keep track of customer systems and what customers save. And, incidentally, while on vacation your algorithm indicated it knew exactly which shows I had watched and DVR'd hen I was back home in Vegas previously -- so you actually DO have the data. Please show the courtesy of a response and address this situation promptly, by restoring the data that is not displaying. This data is not "LOST" even if it is stored on the local hard drive. Respectfully (and with profound frustration)...
- This problem with the Tivo Bolt having full access to VOD continues from 2 yrs and 3 months ago. I am having issues identical to those described in the posts (links below) for the last 10 days. In addition to getting V205 when selecting a program from My Shows, when I select a program I should have access to, within VOD, it either says I need to upgrade my subscription or simply plays the 90 second preview instead of the actual program. All the usual has been done including re-pairing the cards and eventually a technician replaced the cable cards to no avail. I am flabbergasted that despite this issue being elevated to tier 2, and a ticket being generated, the knowledge base available to the technicians do not reveal that this is a known problem or what v205 means. So I alerted the tier 2 manager about these posts, but she, not knowing what else to try, suggested that I use the forum to seek resolution. It was a good idea, but it is also frustrating that this is what it takes. Although it's a server problem, the posts don't actually specify what the fix was so I couldn't share it with the folks that I've been dealing with. I sure hope someone moderating this forum, perhaps Becky who handled the post from 3 months ago, can intervene and restore my access to VOD. http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/tv-forum/21725/cable-video-on-demand-temporarily-unavailable-v205-408-with-tivo-bolt http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/tv-forum/16709/cox-on-demand-is-down-for-all-tivo-users-nation-wide
- I currently have a Contour 1 DVR with 6 tuners. My second identical DVR recently broke and I found out during an attemptedswap out at the local Cox Store that Cox no longer allows two DVR's on the same network. I ended up with a client box instead that is fed from my remaining DVR. So I am used to having 12 tuners available for recording. I see the Cox Ultimate DVR with 24 tuners on the Cox web site, but no real information on how it works or is configured. 1. Can it store recordings locally or is everything stored in the Cloud? 2. Does it require Panoramic Internet from Cox? 3. What is the true cost, (the web site shows a $10 bump from $20 to $30 a month when going from 6 to 24 tuners) Any hidden costs I should expect? 4. Is there a manual posted online that explains how the Ultimate works?