Forum Discussion

Bucknaked
New Contributor
9 years ago

AXS Channel

Why does Cox not currently offer AXS Channel?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hello,

We currently do not have an agreement to carry AXS as part of our lineup.  I submit your request to our programming team for consideration.  Thank you for sharing your interests with us!   
    Bucknaked
    New Contributor

Seems odd....  but I do not claim to be a person that understands the inner workings of a cable company.  But as a customer I know for the amount of money I pay, then you times that by how many customers Cox services.....   there should be no reason not to have a contract with them.

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

Bucknaked said:

Seems odd....  but I do not claim to be a person that understands the inner workings of a cable company.  But as a customer I know for the amount of money I pay, then you times that by how many customers Cox services.....   there should be no reason not to have a contract with them.

AXS is HDnet reinvented. As HD net, it was owned by Mark Cuban, who let the channel go downhill - fast. After being dumped by DirecTV/DISH and all major cable companies from 2008-2012, Cuban took on CBS Entertainment, Ryan Seacrest, and others, as partners, and changed the name to AXS TV. While his HDnet Movies channel is still on some systems, he is still attempting to rebuild carriage of his HDnet/AXS channel. I have no idea how much $$ he wants for carriage, but since he has started dipping into sports it could be substantial.