Forum Discussion

casca63
New Contributor
10 years ago

TLC channel 30 hampton roads frozen since 2/2/15

Whats going on with TLC in hampton road? It froze sometime around 8pm monday night. Its a static image of the show that was on at that time. Its channel 30 in our area if that helps.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi casca63, please check all your cable connections and reset the cable box by unplugging the power cord for two minutes then plug it back in.  Please let us know if this helps.
    casca63
    New Contributor

Michaelj,

its happening on all my tv's as well as my neighbors tv. So im thinking it cox and not me because ALL the rest of the channels work just fine.

Dina
    Contributor III
    casca, 

There is not an area issue with this channel. We are viewing the channel right now & it appears to be working fine. We will need to schedule a service call to look into your home further. You can either call our technical support line to schedule at 757-222-1111 or email our team at cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, address, a link to your post here, along with a preferred date for your appointment & a contact telephone number.

casca63
    New Contributor

Dina, 

I dont want to make you mad by disagreeing with you but IT IS MOST CERTAINLY A COX ISSUE AND NOT ME.

I took it upon myself to do the simple troubleshooting Cox should have done and here is what I found. I checked with my neighbors in the homes around me and found that if there is a cable box attached to the tv then the channel works however if the cable is directly attached to the tv it does...NOT...work. I took it a step further and contacted friends living in other parts of Norfolk (Norview and Azalea gardens) with the same results.

TV`s with cable boxes the channel works.

TV`s without cable boxes the channel does not work. Its been frozen since monday.

Including my house thats 7 Households I checked on in 3 separate neighborhood with the same results. So again its not an issue a tech could resolve by making a service call. Please continue looking into the problem.