Forum Discussion

Sandi
New Contributor
11 years ago

Channels are showing Temporarily Off Air

I just got new HD Cable boxes and all of my channels are showing Temporarily Off the Air with the exception of channel four. What could be causing this?
  • Hi Sandi,

I'm glad you reached out to us through the Cox Forums! The "Temporarily off Air" error message is generic; it could indicate that the cable receiver is out of sync with our network and needs to be reset; it can also indicate a possible issue with the signal getting to the receiver.

If you haven't already done so, check to make sure all cables connecting the cable box to the wall outlet are finger-tight. If that doesn't change anything, resetting the cable box is the next step. You can reset the cable box several ways: by unplugging the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, by logging in to your Cox.net account and using the Cable Box Reset Tool (http://bit.ly/ResetYourCableConnection), or by using the automated system when you call 757-222-1111.

Please let us know if none of your channels are working after trying these suggestions!
    mcmains
    New Contributor
    We are constantly having this same issue. Also recently having issues with the signal "cutting out" on us on just about every channel, as if the networks are covering over bad language, but that is not what is happening, it is the signal from Cox. We are MORE than aggravated with this. We have tried EVERYTHING you listed to try and the other night, I was sick and couldn't sleep, turned on my TV and not one single channel was working. I feel like we are paying a high premium for less than premium services. I haven't been able to get the Lifetime Channel or Lifetime Movie Network in over a month. I'm thinking the signal needs to be strengthened and perhaps new DVR boxes installed.
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Are you having this problem on all TVs or just one? Is the cable straight from the wall to the receiver or is there a splitter?