Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
12 years ago

TV Caller ID

I live in northern Virginia and bundle my Cox TV, Internet and telephone services.

Before I purchased a high-definition TV, the Caller ID worked on my analog TV and cable box (Cisco Explorer 1840).  Meaning, I could see the Caller ID on my TV screen and select its options on the Passport Caller ID screen (Enable or Disable and Short, Medium or Long durations).

After I purchased a high-definition TV and replaced the cable box, the TV Caller ID no longer works.  Caller ID still works on my telephone and I can select its options on my TV, but I no longer see the Caller ID on my TV screen.

My new cable box is the Cisco Explorer 4642HDC.  Because I am an IT professional, I consider myself tech savvy.  I have enabled my TV Caller ID, verified all connections are secure and sent numerous reset signals via the Cox online and telephone troubleshooting-services.  I can launch and interact with the Program Guide, Quick Settings and Quick Menu.  I gave up on the technicians because explaining and repeating my problem is too exhausting.

Are other subscribers having this problem?  Cox heavily advertises this option but issues equipment not supporting it.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion