Forum Discussion

richard_collins
New Contributor
10 years ago

Complaint

I am writing due to complaint about a commercial I saw, and it was family going across the street for a BBQ. The farther says to the daughter don't check your text, they think we are warlocks. In my religion that is a very offensive word and I work hard for my money, and I do not want to feel that the company I spend my money on is a bunch of hate mongers. I was even thinking of canceling my service, because of what I saw. There are other companies and making people are upset is not a good way to get people to sign up for service.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

What commercial are you talking about? And just so I understand...you think Cox are hate mongers because they used the word "warlock" in a commercial. Could you explain your reasoning? Would you have felt better if they used the word witch? Or maybe thaumaturgy?

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

Health Edge said:

What commercial are you talking about? And just so I understand...you think Cox are hate mongers because they used the word "warlock" in a commercial. Could you explain your reasoning? Would you have felt better if they used the word witch? Or maybe thaumaturgy?

It is a Cox commercial where "Paul" (Cox's "Flo") was trying to explain to his wife and daughter how ancient the neighbors were because they didn't have Contour, HSI, etc. The "smoke signals" from their barbeque were kinda like their email. The neighbors might think Paul's family are "warlocks" if they did any texting. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our marketing team, thanks for sharing.