Forum Discussion

cjw622
New Contributor
10 years ago

remote not working properly

My remote is not working properly.  I can turn the TV on and off with it, but that's about it.  I can't access guide or change channels.  I'm using the URC-8820-MOTO model.  I tried troubleshooting on website first, but couldn't find any helpful information.  Please advise.  Thanks.  

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello cjw622,

Please press the cable button on the remote first. Then try to access the guide or change channels. If you are unable to change channels after that, unplug the power from the box for about 2 mins. then plug it back up and try it again after it loads. Please let us now if that helps. 

Thanks,

Allan

Cox Support Forum Moderator

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

cjw622: "My remote is not working properly.  I can turn the TV on and off with it, but that's about it.  I can't access guide or change channels.  I'm using the URC-8820-MOTO model.  I tried troubleshooting on website first, but couldn't find any helpful information.  Please advise.  Thanks."

You don't mention which receiver/DVR you are using. If you are using a Cisco or SA receiver/DVR you must first:

Press CABLE, then press "SWAP" and "A" together until the "CABLE" key blinks twice. If you are using a Motorola receiver/DVR you must first press CABLE, then press "SWAP" and "B" together until the "CABLE" key blinks twice.

Which receiver/DVR are you using?