Forum Discussion

johnnyys
New Contributor
12 years ago

Video pixelation on certain HD channels

I've had this problem for over a month now. For some reason, whenever I watch Ch. 1004 (KNBC) of Ch. 1044 (CNBC), the picture pixelates every couple of minutes or so. However, the rest of my HD channels are fine, no pixelation whatsoever. Is there something wrong with the cable box?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    mike007
    New Contributor III

No you are looking at noise that is interfering with those channels. The most common way the noise gets in the line is a lose or faulty connection.  Check every connection from the wall outlet to the cable box.  I normally recommend that you remove the connection then reconnect it right back to insure it has a nice flush connection.   Then screw it back on as tight as you can by hand but do not use any tools as it is just as bad to over tighten as it is to be to lose.

johnnyys
    New Contributor

I've checked all the connections, changed some cables, and it's improved a little bit, but there's still some minor pixelation on those channels I mentioned earlier (1004, 1044), but not as bad as before. So is it a bad cable that I have? Or is it something else? 

mike007
    New Contributor III

No way to know for sure. You can try replacing the cables from the outlet to the box. Make sure you get good cables The ones that cox gives at the their service center are great. They are not that over priced gold tip ** and they are not that cheap slip on stuff. (You always want the screw on cables) You can also get 1000mhz splitters from the service centers as well.  If you have an splitters you can try replacing them as well.

You can also have a tech come out at this point as well because they can do that is well.