Forum Discussion

AppleFan27
New Contributor II
11 years ago
Solved

Cox URC8820 Remote and Apple TV

I have successfully added my Apple TV to my Cox Remote using the Aux button. It appears that all functions work with the exception of Power. Pressing AUX and then Power does NOT turn on the Apple TV.

If I use the Apple remote to turn the Apple TV on I can then control all functions from my Cox Remote.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to get the power to my Apple TV to turn on from my Cox remote?

• I continued to work on this issue this morning. The Apple TV does not turn on when selecting AUX and then POWER. What does turn the Apple TV on is to press AUX and then MENU. All other functions work very nicely with the Apple TV.

Please note that code 1115 was used. It is the only Apple code listed. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Is the Aux light blinking when you press power? If not, it could be fixed by a remapping sequence. If the light is lighting up, and not turning off the device, then thats probably a compatibility issue with the code your using. Try the code above and below it? 

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    It's quite possible that it simply just won't fully work however one possibility does come to mind.  If you've had your current remote for a while it might be worth trying to swap it for a new one.  In some cases the newer remotes have updated code profiles that support more of the original features.

AppleFan27
    New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. There is only one code listed for Apple. I managed to find the answer and have posted it above.

AppleFan27
    New Contributor II

Thanks for your response. The Cox remote is new. I did find the answer and have posted it above.

AppleFan27
    New Contributor II

I continued to work on this issue this morning. The Apple TV does not turn on when selecting AUX and then POWER. What does turn the Apple TV on is to press AUX and then MENU. All other functions work very nicely with the Apple TV.

Please note that code 1115 was used. It is the only Apple code listed. 

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Interesting. Now that I look, I don't think this is a mistake, but due to the Apple TV's design. It doesn't have a power button, so there is no button coded for power. Page 23 of manual shows procedure to turn off Apple TV as "Press and hold menu for 6 seconds" so that procedure has to be copied on Cox remote. Also, note the remote pairing procedure on page 24. That might also cause conflict, FYI if anyone else runs across this thread with the issue.