Forum Discussion

jake1090
New Contributor
11 years ago

Windows Media Center Fails to find Clear QAM Channels...

I have a Hauppage WinTV-HVR 2250 in my HTPC. When I go through the TV Signal Setup in Media Center, it sees the tuners, asks for info like Cox vs Media Com. I make the correct selection for both digital and analog. For my zip code, I have tried multiple different zip codes in the phoenix area including mine, 85143 and many othes. After scanning for channels, it finds 5 digital channels that are mostly Spanish. I can go to the guide and select some of the other channels - many of them work, but most of them do not. My tv which has a digital tuner finds way more channels, so does anyone have an idea what could be the issue? I went to my friend's house down the street and had him do a scan for more channels, and his system is now doing the same thing - 5 digital channels found, all in the channel 4 range just like mine, and butt load of channels not found....

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Hi jake1090, 

Since the channels are coming in on your TV, the signal is there and we need to trouble shoot your hardware compatibility.

Your processor requirements are the following: 
    • 2.2 GHz P4 or equivalent (minimum) required for displaying ATSC high definition TV on your PC screen
    • Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7 or Vista Premium or Ultimate with Media Center (32 or 64-bit) or Windows XP.
    • Available PCIe X1 or X8 slot
    • Graphics with 64 MB memory (or greater)
    • Sound card
    • CD reader for software installation

If you meet these requirements and continue to have problems, you can contact Hauppage at 631-434-3197. Some information you will need to know is a list of un-encrypted and encrypted channels. You can only get encrypted channels with a CableCard. 

Un-encrypted:
    3 KTVK – Independent
     5 KPHO – CBS
     6 KASW – CW
     7 Cox7
     8 KAET – PBS
     9 KUTP – My Network
     10 KSAZ – FOX
     11 Government Access
     12 KPNX – NBC
     13 KAZTV – Independent
     15 KNXV – ABC
     16 WGN America
     17 KPPX – ION Television
     19 KTVW – Univision 
     20 KTAZ – Telemundo
     21 KPAZ – TBN
     22 Leased Access
    84 MOVIES!
    96 HSN
    98 QVC
    99 Educational Access
    124 C-SPAN

Encrypted:
     80 KAET – PBS Lifes
     82 AZ News Channels
     83 KPNX – NBC 12 News 
    Weather Pluss
     85 CBS 5 Weather Nows
     86 KTVK – ThisTVs
     88 PBS Worlds
     91 KTAZ – Exitos TVs
     93 KAZT – Me-TVs
     95 ABC15 Live Well Networks
     115 MCTVs
     119 ShopHQs
     122 The Pentagon Channels
     123 AZ Capitol TVs
     129 Jewelry TVs
     1003 KTVK – 3 HDs
     1005 KPHO – CBS HDs
     1006 KASW – CW HDs
     1008 KAET – PBS HDs
     1009 KUTP – My Network HDs
     1010 KSAZ – FOX HDs
     1012 KPNX – NBC HDs
     1013 KAZTV – Independent
     1015 KNXV – ABC HDs
     1016 WGN America HDs•
     1017 KPPX — ION HDs
     1019 KTVW — Uni HDs

FusionWeb
    New Contributor

I am having this exact same issue on two other computers I manage. Both users have different TV tuners in their computers, both can receive all of the digital channels when plugging the coax directly into their TV. When the computer tuners search for signal, they only get 4.1 through 4.5. Has anything changed on Cox's end on the digital channels where our clearQAM tuners can no longer get the unencrypted networks such as CBS and FOX?