Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
11 years ago
Solved

EPIX HD

EPIX HD, which is channel 1199 in Fairfax, used to be free channel.  Now it says I have to subscribe.  Was this a recent change?  Why did it change?

• Epix is included with  a subscription to the Movie Pak.  You can find out more about channel listings and subscription requirements by visiting http://ww2.cox.com/residential/tv/channel-lineup.cox.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Do you get Epix (199)? This shows Epix as part of the of the Movie Pak. I know at one time it was sold on it's own, and before that, it was part of Starz. What does it say on your Bill?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Channel 199 (EPIX SD) requires the same subscription.  For the monthly services on my bill, I have Cox Advanced TV and also subscribe to HBO.

I understand EPIX is a premium channel...or part of the Movie Pak...and I must subscribe to receive it.  However, why was I getting it for free?  I wasn't getting the on-demand channels...just channel 1199.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator

Hi Bruce,

At times, Corporate Marketing negotiates Free Previews with various network providers to broadcast there content free of charge to our customers. This allows viewers who do not subscribe to that channel to get a glimpse of what type of programming the network has to offer. This usually occurs on a selected weekend of a certain month. It is a possibility that you were viewing this content during a free preview period.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

No, it wasn't during a free-preview weekend or month.  I was getting it for a while.  It was nice while it lasted, but I was just curious why it stopped.

- Does EPIX offer it for free?
      - Does Cox offer it for free, such as Verizon offering IFC for free?
      - If it is free, do I just need to reset my cable box?
      - Did Cox make a mistake and recently correct it?
      - Did EPIX make a mistake and recently correct it?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    Epix is included with  a subscription to the Movie Pak.  You can find out more about channel listings and subscription requirements by visiting http://ww2.cox.com/residential/tv/channel-lineup.cox.
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Did you ever have Starz? I think it has something to do with the fact Epix has been moved around alot. Also maybe something about the change where HD channels no longer needed specail HD service codes on accounts anymore.  Maybe you had a premium channel that USED to include Epix, but then it was removed. If the new channel mapping data wasn't corrected on your reciever, its quite possible you were getting the channel for free. If I had to guess, maybe Cox sent out a global hit to correct some known issue, and that had the effect of finally correcting the mistake, but thats just a guess. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I never subscribed to STARZ.  I only subscribe to HBO.  I think your guess is correct.  Cox made a mistake and corrected it.  Ah boo!