Forum Discussion

jeffspeedy11
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Cisco Cable Box stuck on "Downloading Initial Application"

First problem was that many of my HBO and Showtime HD channels were not working. They started off becoming pixelated and then progressed to just showing an error message. I put in a service call, and they replaced the box. But now, the box won't get through the reboot cycle. It progresses to the point where it says "Downloading Initial Application" on the screen, with an APP on the front of the box. Any ideas? I've tried disconnecting the power and rebooting multiple times. Is there an issue with the signal?
  • KipK said:
    It looks like a second service call has been completed. I've got a good signal reading and an uptime of 2:06 on the newest receiver, so everything looks good now. Are you still having issues?
    All is good now. They replaced the cable box, which seems to have solved the problem. Thanks.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KipK
    Valued Contributor II
    It looks like a second service call has been completed. I've got a good signal reading and an uptime of 2:06 on the newest receiver, so everything looks good now. Are you still having issues?
    Domino
    Valued Contributor III

How long are you waiting for the Initial Application to load?

• KipK said:
    All is good now. They replaced the cable box, which seems to have solved the problem. Thanks.
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad the new receiver is working as it should. Let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future!